Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R65 LS 1985

BMW R65 LS (modèle sport) de 1985
Propriétaire: Olivier
Temps de réalisation: 2 mois
Moto n’ayant pas tourné depuis 15 ans avant l’achat c’est notre première prépa.

Modifs:
MOTEUR
Embrayage neuf (sachs)
Segmentation neuve
Kit chaine distrib neuf
Pompe à huile neuve
Tous les joints moteur + boite de vitesse (avec kick) neufs
Tous les joints carbu neufs
Toutes vidanges faites (cardan, boite de vitesse, moteur, freins)
PARTIE CYCLE
Spys neufs + fourche vidangée
Plaquettes de frein neuves
Mâchoires arrière neuves
Robinet d’essence + durites neufs
Traitement réservoir anti rouille Restom
ESTHETIQUE
Cadre raccourci
Selle maison
Tète de fourche maison
GB avant et arrière maison
Boite à air enlevée
Reniflard modifié
Peinture noir brillant jantes et réservoir par carrossier
Peinture noire mate HT pièces moteur, cadre, cardan, pont et silencieux
Caches culbuteurs neufs
Neiman déplacé
ACCESSOIRES
Compteur digital complet
Guidon LSL
Bocal de frein avant LSL
Pneu AVON MK2 400-18
Durites de frein avia carbone
Silencieux contre cône neufs entièrement reconditionnés avec laine de céramique (à la place de laine de roche) et accoustiquement
Bande thermique échappement noir doublée
Poignée Beston
Cligno Dax led repeints
Feu arrière led type Bates
Plaque immat noire + éclairage led
Tulipes aluminium avec grilles de protection intérieure
Filtre de reniflard BMC
Amortisseurs neufs
Batterie neuve
Bouchon de remplissage d’huile avec indicateur de température
Câbles pour charge rapide batterie

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW - 1992 - R80 Brat Tracker

Saturday, July 28, 2012
The R65's bigger, badder brother from the same mudda is a whole lot of bike! A big bulky 800cc boxer engine with big bulky fairings, makes for an all round chunky German. That is until you hit it with the customising wand stripping it right back until you sit there thinking ####... how big can this engine look. With alot of people taking the nip and tuck Cafe Racer treatment to these Germans our friend Nicholas Damen wanted to do something similar but different so he aimed for a mixture of Flat Tracker & Brat to create zee beautiful machine we have before you.

Tell us about yourself:
My names Nicholas Damen im 29 and I live in Hobart Tasmania im an Electrician who likes to make surf films in my spare time www.lumavisuals.com
When faced with the decision from you old man you can have $3000 cash from your inheritance or you can have my BMW r80 what do you do?
Take the bmw r80 and customize it.
Can you tell us abit about the history of the bike?
My dad, Alex has had bikes all his life and bought the BMW around 10 years ago, he had it set up mainly for touring, complete with panniers, crash bars, fairing etc. Id always liked the big awkward looking cylinder heads on beemers and had always one day planned on getting one. I started out wanting to build a café racer but after researching parts and spares I soon realised the BMW café racer had been done many times over and done so well. So I decided to try and do something a little different, I guess ive ended up with a street tracker cross Brat?

Tell us abit about your motorcycling experience:
My first bike was a 1982 Suzuki RM80, I bought it for $400 dollars when I was 13 and Dad and myself stripped it down and rebuilt the thing right to the last bolt. I’m so grateful my Father spent this time teaching me valuable skills on repairing and restoring things.
Recently a group of my friends had recently also purchased bikes to customize and fix up, I guess were I ended up was a mould of their feed back and some features or styles on stand out bikes or ideas id seen online or around the place. Having a bunch of mates around to help and critique my ideas and thoughts was a really valuable thing.www.thechopkooks.tumblr.com

Can you take us through the modifications done to the bike?
The major changes to the bike at this stage have really only been aesthetical.
I removed the centre stand, side covers panniers, and all the other stuff that makes a beemer comfortable. I cut the rear sub frame and shortened it and made it thinner to suit the nitro heads tuck and roll seat. Removed the central exhaust vase and mufflers and replaced them with Emgo universal reverse cone shortys. The original instrument cluster was removed and replaced with an Acewell 2853 universal speedo. The rims were sand blasted and powder coated matte black and I had a set of firestone deluxes fitted. The front fender is from a local Harley shop and I cut it down and fabricated a mounting bracket to suit. The rear fender and taillight are from Modern Motorcycles in Melbourne. The bars are a set of motocross bars.

"I went for a ride last week and as I walked back to my bike there were two guys checking out my air filter, I thought to myself oh gee what do these old guys want, After a few words I soon discover one of them Is from Germany, he tells me he likes my bike and asks a few questions, then his mate starts to tell me Adrian, the German guy actually designed the Air box and air intake system for this model BMW, he used to work for BMW in Germany as an engineer, After talking to Adrian for a bit I soon discover I've just met a walking BMW tuning encyclopaedia. I’m going to catch up with Adrian again, hopefully go for a ride and tune my bike a little better."

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW K75 Tatanka

Everyone has their favorite things in life but only a few of us get to enjoy a career working with them. Frank, owner of custom motorcycle workshop Moto Sumisura is one of those lucky ones. Since the age of 6 he has had a love for BMW motorcycles that has had him riding and working on them ever since. Now out of his modest workshop in the North of Italy, Frank is building custom bikes that are causing others to develop that same passion for BMW motorcycles and he's having loads of fun doing it. This bike is the Tatanka 75 and as you can see it's one BMW that's very easy to like.

If we could all take a step back every now and then and have a chuckle at ourselves the world would be a better place. Building custom bikes hasn't come easily though. Frank admits that it has taken him time to develop his craft. Moto Sumisura started out rebuilding old machines and selling them on to turn a profit. Years later and with a portfolio of 8, impressive custom builds under his belt and a cover shot on Italian motorcycle magazine "Rider", he's become somewhat of an expert.

"I take rags and transform them into evening gowns"

The Moto Sumisura "Tatanka 75" started out life as a BMW K75 which at the time of production was labeled as BMW's cheapest motorcycle. Regardless of it's less than flattering "point of difference" the K75 was a solid performer capable of 4.6 second 0-100 times and a top speed of around 120mph (193kmh). This particular K75 was the full fairing, road touring model in electric blue with roaring panther stickers on the front end (perhaps one of
Fabio's old motorcycles
?).

Frank stripped the BMW back to it's bare essentials before rebuilding it in the Street Tracker/Cafe Racer style that has become the trademark of his Moto Sumisura workshop. The only part of the BMW's original bodywork that remains is it's tastefully scalloped tank, now getting all the attention it deserves with a unique metallic bronze and silver paint scheme. The bikes rear end has also lost some bulk with the removal of the entire tail section, giving it a much more compact, stout side profile.

Trimmed fairings, a small headlight with brush guard, gum grips, powder coated rims, low profile indicators and a custom leather clad seat complete the transformation of the BMW. The final product is a much leaner bike that weighs considerably less than it's stock 227kg form. Aside from it now looking about a million times better than how it left the BMW factory 30 years ago, I think you will agree that from the look on Franks face, the bike is now also a lot more fun to ride.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R80 by Workshop Maquerelle

I've always loved the use of wood in cars. When I was young a neighbor converted an old '30s Chevy into a jaw dropping Hot Rod with a solid walnut dash he carved, sanded and lacquered himself (I seem to remember him saying he had applied 15 coats of clear to it!). Everything on the car was amazing, but it was that walnut dash that really got people excited. When it comes to motorcycles the use of wood is sadly not something you see very often, so when I came across this custom BMW R80 by Workshop Maquerelle in France you can imagine my excitement.

Workshop Maquerelle is a two man team made up of Stefan and Till who started the company in late 2011. Jump forward to April of this year and their first full custom build was rolling out the door, a 1978 BMW R80 named "Mary Magdalene". I was lucky enough to get the low down on the bike from Stephan and access to these, the first studio shots of the bike. "Our first customer handed us his bike with blind confidence because he liked what we said and our ambitious ideas!"

"We had no obligations with this build. No Cafe Racer or Street Tracker template to follow. We proposed the idea of building a "James Bond" motorcycle reminiscent of his Aston Martin and seductive in its styling. We designed parts that we felt would appeal to women and perhaps even seduce them with its fine details and pleasantries. The passenger pegs for instance, feature laser etched wood inserts with "s'il vous plaît.." (please) engraved in to them."...What else would one expect from a pair of Frenchmen!?

Stephan and Till both come from artistic backgrounds which can clearly be seen in their design approach to this build, but the Mary Magdalene isn't just about good looks. The bikes owner, a busy fashion worker can keep his iphone charged with a custom plug integrated into the completely revised wiring harness. The BMW's 34 year old motor has received reliability tweaks rather than performance ones by changing the engines internals during the rebuild to allow it to run on modern high octane fuel without skipping a beat.

The wood details on the the BMW are made using a process similar to how skateboard decks are built. 5 layers of wood were cut and bonded with resin for each part with the seat pan shaped using a vacuum mold. The wooden details can be seen surrounding the twin headlights, in the form of racing style number plates in the rear and as laser engraved details on the engine and fuel tank.

Other custom work on the bike includes the conversion of all lighting to LED, custom Maquerelle low profile indicator housings, chopped and reshaped fenders, the tan leather seat and the front fairing which was bought at a flea market before being reshaped and blend with the shape of the German made tank.

This is number one for Workshop Maquerelle and a great start for the fledgling company. Maybe custom wood detailing on motorcycles will be the next big thing? Keep an eye on Maquerelle on facebook for more of their work.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R26 the Loud Kraut

"
All men's misfortunes spring from their hatred of being alone"

The sad individual responsible for that quote obviously never had a motorcycle project in the shed waiting to be worked on!

This BMW R26 named "The Loud Kraut" was the result one man's wife leaving him for 8 months to teach abroad. While this of course would have been a difficult time, I think it's safe to say that for this R26 that event was nothing but good fortune.

Builder Steve from Germany wanted to create a bike that was a salute to it's original engineers. It's a quality rebuild that embraces the classic BMW style. While the white walls and the paniers may not have been quite what BMW had in mind I'm sure the Loud Kraut would have them smiling.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R80 Ruby Racer

Hot on the heels of my recent post about Les Ateliers Ruby's leather jackets UK based, custom workshop Kevil's Speed Shop, has released images of their latest BMW which just so happens to be based on a Ruby helmet design.

Kevil's Speed Shop owner Kevin Hill received a special order from a customer in Warsaw who wanted the 1983 BMW R80 built as a tribute to the candy striped Ruby Pavilion Helmet. The bike under went Kev's standard set of custom modifications to reduce weight and improve performance before receiving it's unique paint job and custom leather saddle.

This R80 certainly isn't going to be to everyone's liking but beneath that candy striped paint scheme is a very tidy BMW Cafe Racer. I'm particularly fond of the black finish on that big boxer motor, it does a great job of reducing visual bulk while adding a mean streak to offset its tongue-in-cheek veneer.

Kev builds BMW Cafe Racers like this from as little as 5,000 pounds, including the bike (!!) which I'm sure everyone will agree is a pretty good deal. Check out Kevil's Joker to see another fine example of his custom BMW Cafe Racers.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R80 cafe racer

If you’re into BMW café racers, you probably know the BMW Café blog, run by Dutchman Michiel de Molenaar. This BMW R80 is the bike that originally got Michiel hooked on building and riding old motorcycles, and shows what can be done with a small budget and a lot of inspiration. He started with a crashed 1988 model, which means it should have a 797 cc version of the classic boxer twin. But the previous owner had changed the original engine for a one-liter motor of unknown provenance. Then the gearbox packed up, so Michiel retro-fitted the transmission and kickstart from an R65—which also allowed him to run a smaller and lighter battery. The exhaust system is home-made, using an old Virago muffler and a one-dollar stainless salad bowl.

“The new rear subframe is made out of a chopped-up bicycle carrier I found in someone’s trash,” says Michiel. “The only really expensive part is the [Acewell] instrument. I wanted a rev counter, speedo and all the idiot lights, but I also wanted to have the most minimalistic cockpit I could find—so I decided to spend some money on that.” The clip-ons are ebay items and the rear sets came off an early 90s Honda sports bike of unknown description. The headlight is a modern Ural part, and the rear fender started life as a Honda CX500 front fender. As they say, “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure”—and Michiel has shown that you don’t need a huge bank balance to make a bike look like a million bucks. Check out his lovely Honda CB750 cafe racer for even more Dutch goodness.
PS: Bike EXIF is now on Pinterest. We’re showcasing the best motorcycle images and links from around the net, as well as our own greatest hits. Check out our boards here.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW Cafe Racer | 1971 BMW R75 / 5 Cafe Racer "The Challenge"

By Cafe Racer Dreams Motorcycles,
A BMW R75/5 1971, transformed into a charismatic cafe racer with loads of retro charm
BMW R 75/5 - Cafe Racer "The Challenge" SPECS
Base model - BMW R 75/5
Year - 1971
Builder - Cafe Racer Dreams
BMW R 75/5 Engine, Twin cylinder boxer, Displacement 749 cc

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R75/6 by Clutch Custom

In the 12th arrondissement of Paris, home to the Bastille opera house, is a small workshop called Clutch Custom. It’s one of those places where you can buy old components, get a custom part machined up, and occasionally buy a complete motorcycle.

This is the latest bike to roll out of the shop, a mid-70s BMW R75/6. It’s a raw but elegant machine, designed for the rough-and-tumble streets of the French capital, where bikes collect scratches and parking tickets in equal measure.

The modifications on this BMW are extensive, despite the burnished, mechanical look. The frame, swingarm and forks have all been reworked, and the bike has been lowered at the front to improve its stance.

The engine and 32mm Bing carburetors have been rebuilt, and K&N filters and a custom exhaust free up the breathing.
Although the R75/6 is around 40 years old, it’s unfettered by emissions controls: straight-line performance is similar to modern retro roadsters such as the Triumph Bonneville and Moto Guzzi V7, and ample for the twisty streets of the French capital.

The seat is hand-made but the tank is original—and judging by the kneepads, it’s the optional 5.8 gallon (22 liter) item. The wiring is new, hooked up to an LED Bates-style taillight and a Bates headlight. The levers are Tommaselli.

There are more images on the Clutch Custom website, which is in English. Prices are reasonable, we’re told, and the BMW is for sale.
Via 4h10, which has some great shots of the Clutch Custom workshop. Merci à Nico et John.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
Blitz BMW R75/6 ‘GSky’

It was only three years ago that Fred Jourden and Hugo Jezegabel started Blitz Motorcycles. But the Paris-based workshop is now one of the biggest names on the European new wave custom scene, thanks to a string of unconventional ‘old timer’ customs.

This is Blitz’ latest build, christened ‘GSky.’ It’s an offroader based on a 1976 BMW R75/6, a bike that offered 745cc and 50hp in stock form. Which might not sound like much, but at 462 lbs. with a full tank, an R75/6 weighs 90 lbs. less than a current model Harley Sportster 883.

Blitz’ client wanted an ISDT enduro influence, so Fred and Hugo added a neat twist to the Beemer: a vintage Husqvarna 250 tank. After all, until a few weeks ago, BMW Motorrad owned Husqvarna … “So we thought it’d be fun to do something the two brands would never be able to do,” says Jourden. “Combine them in one project.”

The finish of GSky, predominately blue, looks raw at first glance but serious thought has gone into this machine. After a thorough overhaul—including the suspension—the R75/6 frame was shortened and 4-centimeter taller shocks fitted. The frame has also been powdercoated and the bike rewired with updated electrics. A dual ignition coil is now hidden under the custom seat unit.

The Bing carburetors now breathe through pancake-style K&N motocross filters; the upswept exhaust system is custom fabricated, and fitted with grilles for heat protection. (“It works,” says Jourden.) Tires are Pirelli motocross rubber.

The bars and throttle are Tomaselli, and a rebuilt Japanese vintage brake cylinder was fitted, hooked up to new hoses. The head- and taillights are also vintage, and the choke knob is stolen from an old Bang & Olufsen hifi system.
It shouldn’t work, but somehow it does. And it looks like a lot of fun to ride.
Head over to the Blitz website to see more of Fred and Hugo’s builds. And follow the news from Paris via the Blitz Facebook page. Images courtesy of Denis Boussard.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R100/7 by Cafe Racer Dreams

The BMW R-series has joined the Honda CB750 and Triumph Bonneville in the pantheon of custom motorcycle platforms. With a remarkably distinctive-looking engine and a bulky, high-capacity tank, it’s not a conventionally ‘pretty’ bike. But love it or loathe it, the big BMW sure looks the business.

This is the 27th build from the Spanish workshop Cafe Racer Dreams. A 1978 R100/7, it amplifies the strengths of the vintage BMW aesthetic. The back end is completely new, sporting a hand-made leather seat and supported by Harley-Davidson XR1200 shocks rebranded with the BMW logo.

The tank has been stripped back to metal, partially repainted in Marine Blue, and clear-coated. The fenders are custom-fabricated and the frame has been refinished in satin black.

CRD’s signature Renthal Ultra Low bars are fitted with new enduro-style controls, a compact speedometer and classy brown Ariete grips. And in a welcome departure from the ubiquitous Firestone Champion Deluxe tires, the BMW is shod with Pirelli’s highly-rated MT 43 Pro trial bike rubber: A modern DOT-legal tire that works well on the road, as well as on looser surfaces. The MT 43 is only available in 18” and 21” sizes, so the BMW’s front wheel has been dropped down a size to 18”—the same as the rear.

The result is practical and stylish in equal measure: A dash of Latin flair added to Teutonic efficiency.
More, please,
Images by Cesar Serrano of Love For Iron. Head over to the Cafe Racer Dreams Facebook page to keep up with the latest news from Madrid.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
Wrenchmonkees BMW R100RT

Most custom motorcycles live relatively sedate lives, secured in warm garages and released at weekends. But not this one: it’s been built by the Wrenchmonkees to handle the rough roads of the Maghreb. “It started with a request from a Frenchman living in Mauritania,” says Wrenchmonkee Andreas. “Thierry wanted a simple, reliable, easy-to-maintain bike … there are very few
 motorcycle workshops in West Africa.” 
The solution was an old two-valve BMW: they’re robust and reliable, and you can fix most problems yourself if you have simple mechanical skills.

“We found a R100RT here in Denmark. It needed a complete restoration anyway, so it was an obvious choice for the project.” Fortunately, Thierry’s brief for the bike was relatively open: it just had to be a two-seater, 
fairly light,
 and suitable for occasional off-roading. “And, of course, built in our style!” Andreas adds.

The burgundy red fairing was removed and the big R100RT was taken apart. The rear subframe was removed, and a new one welded on. The stock alloy wheels were replaced with wire wheels, 18” both front and back.
 The front fork was also rebuilt, and extra long Bitubo shocks were installed to give 
extra clearance for African dirt roads and sand dunes. The engine and carburetors were overhauled, and a K&N air filter and larger oil cooler were fitted.

The R100RT was then treated to a complete rewire and fitted with a heavy duty Odyssey battery, plus new lights front and back. The standard R100 tank was replaced with one from an older BMW /6 model, “to give the bike 
a slimmer, more old school look.”

New Tarozzi rearsets were mounted, further back in the frame than stock. “This required a few custom made linkages,” says Andreas, “for the brake and gear shift.” All perishable parts were replaced, including hoses, bearings and seals.
The big BMW, fresh from its diet and makeover, is now ready for the worst that West African roads can throw at it. Who said custom motorcycles can’t be practical?
Check out more Wrenchmonkees motorcycles on their website, and keep tabs on their latest builds via the Wrenchmonkees blog.

xurxes

"καφέ#αρκούδα"
Περιοχή
Salonika
Όνομα
Basil
Μοτό
KTM 690 ENDURO R
BMW R1200 GSA
BMW R45: ‘The Gonzo’

One of the more original builders working today is David Borras, a Spanish vintage motorcycle racer who runs El Solitario (“the loner”) MC. He’s got an idiosyncratic style, and his disregard for contemporary fashions has won him a lot of attention. This is Borras’ latest bike: it’s unlikely to be as controversial as his Triumph T120, but it’s just as eye-catching. Called ‘The Gonzo’, it’s a heavily customized 1976 R45 that Borras describes as “terribly underpowered, but indestructible”.

It was a fast build: “We were not looking for a posh finish, or complicated technical solutions.” The first premise was to remove anything unnecessary for safe on- and off-roading. The second was to do everything in-house, keeping time and expenses low.

Borras started by rebuilding the cylinder heads, transmission, carbs, ignition, forks and brakes. He completely rewired the bike and fitted new bearings, super-rare Redwing shocks, and steel brake lines. Up front, an Akront 21” wheel is fitted with Michelin rubber. The straight pipes have internal baffles to keep noise under control, and the engine breathes in through velocity stacks from the Spanish classic BMW specialist Max Boxer.

The tank is a stock unit, but it’s been channeled two inches for a slimmer contour, and re-welded with unpainted stainless steel for a raw, brushed look. The subframe has also been narrowed, and shortened too.

The seat is a vintage Bates Desert Sled and the lights are PIAA dual driving lights, sitting in front of Montesa ’bars. The original battery has been swapped out for a lightweight lithium unit.
And the ‘Gonzo’ name? Borras declares himself “a profound admirer of Hunter S. Thompson”, but that’s not where the name comes from. “It’s because the bike resembles the great Gonzo from The Muppets,” says Borras.
A German motorcycle customized by a Spanish builder and named after an American television character? I like it. Head over to the ESMC website for build pictures, custom show reports, videos and more.

Top Bottom